YOU AND ME
Where does one end and the other begin?
We mellow, blur, and blend.
Innumerable threads knit together.
From blissful to mundane,
To heartbreaking and back again,
They have knit us together.
Binding right to our core.
Yours a steady thrum,
Mine a mercurial trill,
Even heartbeats fuse and harmonize.
We’re cut from different cloth, to be sure.
But as we tear swaths from both bolts
And labor over the stitching together
We find such color and design.
Like a patchwork quilt,
It tells a story.
May it stand the test of time
And the rigors of daily use.
May its warmth ever enfold, cover us.
So that whether we wrestle or revel
In the blurring and the blending,
We never find where one ends and the other begins.
Kerry Peterson, January 2013
- Lofty Green February 13, 2016
- Hope Hangs on You February 8, 2016
- Grace and Gratefulness September 19, 2015
- Trails and Ducks August 23, 2015
- Praise and Petitions November 27, 2014
- Delivery September 27, 2014
- Brave August 11, 2014
- Being Found August 6, 2014
- You’ll Miss the Mess July 21, 2014
- Layers of a Life July 13, 2014
- Give Thanks. Again. June 13, 2014
- Yep. Graduation Week. June 3, 2014
- We Remember May 26, 2014
- Yes, It Burns May 24, 2014
- Hard Stop May 16, 2014
One Thousand Gifts